Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hey, folks, sorry I've fallen down on the job. I wanted to draw your attention to something in this morning's paper. The Detroit Free Press has an article about all the local farmer's markets (although it disappointingly doesn't include Monroe). Check it out at http://www.freep.com/article/20090604/FEATURES02/906040354/1025/FEATURES/Farm+fresh+fun+at+farmers+markets

The article includes a link to a .pdf map of the metro area showing the local markets. This link includes descriptions of all the markets listed on the map: http://www.freep.com/article/20090604/FEATURES02/906040353/Metro+Detroit+farmers+markets


Does anybody know about the one in Lincoln Park? According to the Freep, it's Sundays from 11 to 4, and the goods sold include not only produce and flowers, but products from both Avalon bakery in Detroit and Wyandotte's Vinewood bakery (which I believe is owned by a Grosse Ile family). I plan to check it out Sunday if I can, and I'll post what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment