Saturday, May 5, 2012

Signs of Growth

It has been a busy day.  While eating breakfast on the deck we saw that there was new green in garden.  Our radishes have sprouted.  The seed packet said 4-5 days to sprout, and I did plant them on Tuesday, so we shouldn't have been surprised.  However, any time I plant seeds I wonder.
Now we wait patiently for the carrots to sprout.  The germination tables say 12-15 days at 75 deg.  So I guess I have to wait till next weekend to greet them.


We had picked up some Swiss Chard and those plants are doing well.  Tomorrow we'll start picking chard for green smoothies.  I did have a green smoothie for breakfast yesterday.  Debby made it with spinach we already had.  
 Today's project was replacing the falling down fence in our front yard.  The job is done.  I could even get the grape vine to twine around the new rails like it had done with the old fence.  
Even with all the post hole digging, the Lily of the Valley survived.  Whenever I smell that flower I remember our neighbor's garden back East where I grew up.  She had Lily of the Valley planted along her house.  It brings back fond memories.  This is the view out our kitchen window. 
It has been a good day.  Lots of yard work and now we're ready for a relaxing evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment